The Colson Company dates back to 1885 when three partners formed the Worthington Company in Elyria, Ohio. They made tricycles and wheel chairs. In 1910, one of the founding partners, Fred Colson, bought out his business partners and re-named it The Colson Company. Colson expanded its product mix to include casters for health care services and material handling equipment.
In 1953, Robert A. Pritzker purchased Colson Casters, and later moved it to Jonesboro, Arkansas. In 1954, Colson Canada was started in the Toronto area. Later it moved to Cambridge, Ontario, where it has since expanded into a 65,000 sq.ft. manufacturing and distribution facility. In November 2003, Colson acquired Can-Am Casters and Wheels. Then in October 2008, Faultless Casters was added to the Colson Canada organization. The global family of Colson brands was acquired by Sentinel Capital Partners in 2012. In 2013, Colson Canada was renamed Colson Group Canada, Inc., to better reflect its Canadian foundation of Colson Casters, Can-Am Casters and Wheels, and Faultless Caster, each family brand offering time tested products you know and trust!
Colson Group Canada, Inc. is very proud of it sustaining ability service the Canadian market with casters and wheels. The company’s strength is derived from its historical legacy; unparalleled product development; and the committee of its employees to provide the very best in products and service.
We are greatly appreciative of our national customer base that has enabled Colson Group Canada, Inc. to grow and prosper in Canada for over 65 years.