Where to Buy

3D Models

Request a Quote

ABOUT US

Who We Are

History

Locations

Associations

Our History

Colson Bike Plate

Colson Bike Plate

The Colson Company dates back to 1885 when three partners formed The Worthington Company in Elyria, Ohio. They made tricycles and wheel chairs. In 1910, one of the founding partners, Fred Colson, bought out his partners and re-named it The Colson Company. Colson expanded its product mix to include equipment for health care services and material handling equipment.



Colson Bike c1894

Colson Company Bike Circa 1894

In 1953, Robert A. Pritzker purchased Colson Casters, and later moved it to Jonesboro, Arkansas. In 1954, Colson Casters was started in the Toronto area. Later it moved to Cambridge, Ontario, where it has since expanded into a 65,000 sq.ft. manufacturing and distribution facility. In November 2003, Colson Casters acquired Can-Am Casters and Wheels, which was operating in Canada since 1950.  Then in October 2008, Faultless Casters was added to the Colson Canada organization. Colson Casters has its head office in Cambridge, and maintains large distribution facilities in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montréal.

Vintage Colson Catalogue

Vintage Colson Casters
Limited Catalogue

Colson Group Canada, Inc. is very proud of its sustaining ability to service the Canadian market with casters and wheels. The company’s strength is derived from its historical legacy; unparalleled product development; and the commitment of its employees to provide the very best in products and service.



We are greatly appreciative of our national customer base that has enabled Colson Group Canada, Inc. to grow and prosper in Canada for over 56 years.